Love this so much! I will let the recipe speak for itself! ENJOY
- 2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
- 1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp maple or agave syrup
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR TAJIN seasoning (or another fave spice!)
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand – I suggest Adobo seasoning it is sodium free but so flavorful)
- plenty of Panko crumbs
- coconut oil for pan
- burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard (spread of choice), buns of choice, romaine (I prefer spinach), seasoning as needed
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs – or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings.
Note: yes this patty does kind of fall apart as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy, half the time I skip the bun and just enjoy the flavor overdose without any
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers makes 7-8 large patties